Air Purifiers: Let us start with a fresh and a long breath but definitely if you can. Just kidding! Well, we usually do several other things other than buying an Air Purifier to keep energy costs down, such as fixing drafty doors and leaky windows and they can even help to seal in pesky pollutants and irritants. Most people buy an air purifier with the hopes of easing several sorts of allergies or asthma. But other than the product disclaimer, there’s little definitive medical evidence that air purifiers help to relieve respiratory symptoms.
Improving indoor air quality starts with minimising pollutant sources such as cigarette smoke or dust and pet dander We test how well a room air purifier removes dust and smoke from an enclosed space, how it performs at high and low speeds, and how quiet it is.
The very best portable models we tested were effective at cleaning the air of dust, smoke, and pollen at their highest and lowest speed. The worst models weren’t terribly effective at any speed.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Air Purifiers
Pros: They’re portable—most room air purifiers weigh roughly 10 to 20 pounds, have a handle, and stand on the floor or on a table, while heavier models might have wheels. Many have a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter, which can capture ultrafine particles. Keep in mind: Most HEPA filters need to be replaced annually, an expense that might approach the cost of the air cleaner, but a few models are now available with cleanable HEPA filters.
Cons: Portable models that use either an electrostatic precipitator or ioniser technology could produce some ozone, a lung irritant. Dedicated ozone generators, a subcategory of room models, produce large amounts of ozone by design. According to manufacturers, that is to reduce allergens such as dust, smoke, pollen, germs, and mould. Ozone, however, is a serious health concern, prompting the State of California to ban the sale of ozone generators (and other air purifiers that emit more than 50 parts per billion of ozone) from the general market.
Prices: There are several of the Air Purifiers Brands in the market, whose products comes in various ranges of price and usually it starts from $50 to as high as even more than $1,000.
Anyhow, we have brought you the Top-5 of our picks from a range of Air Purifiers that costs in between $300-$500. Check Out here:
1. Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter to Remove Allergies and Dust- $399
Alen BreatheSmart FLEX, the newest BreatheSmart, is one of the top air purifiers in its class customised for your unique needs, with personalizable designer panels, interchangeable HEPA filters, and outstanding air cleaning power. Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-Pure Filter for Allergies and Dust. Experience cleaner, more breathable air throughout the home and beyond. Click Here to Buy
Following are the features of Alen BreatheSmart FLEX Air Purifier:
- Perfect for offices, boardrooms, living areas and bedrooms up to 700 square feet, the BreatheSmart FLEX with HEPA-Pure filter quietly and efficiently removes airborne allergens such as dust, pet dander, mould spores, and pollen for cleaner, fresher air.
- BreatheSmart FLEX is fully customizable, offering four different filter types to accommodate changing air purification needs, and 14-panel colour options to match your home décor.
- Maintain a peaceful home environment while purifying the air
- All of Alen’s air purifiers include a lifetime warranty, ensuring years of pure air for your home
- What’s in the box: BreatheSmart FLEX air purifier, HEPA-Pure filter, Front Panel, Quick start guide, BreatheSmart Owner’s Manual-Energy Star Certified (36 watts on highest speed), 120V power supply
2. Green Air Purifiers Green Air Encore HEPA and Carbon Filter Alpine Air Purifier with IonCluster Technology- $319
Green Air Encore features a three-stage air filter system, along with IonCluster technology that will attack airborne microbes, purify your air, and aggressively kill bacteria. The certified True HEPA filter removes 99.97 percent of particulates and allergens less than 0.3 microns while the granulated activated carbon filter effectively reduces smoke, foul odours, and harmful off-gassing VOCs including Formaldehyde and Benzene. Green Air Encore is fully adjustable to your needs and features a worry-free AUTO mode to keep your indoor air as clean as possible. Click Here to Buy
The features of the Gree Air Encore Air Purifier are as following:
- Three-stage advanced purifier system with True HEPA and Granulated Carbon filter technology
- IonCluster Technology to attack airborne microbes, purify the air, and aggressively kill bacteria
- Air quality colour changing light ring and automatic air filter change indicator
- Four operating modes (AUTO, FAN, NIGHT, SILENT)
- Energy Efficient, Whisper Quiet Operation, Covers up to 1000 sq. ft.
3. Philips Air Purifier 2000, True HEPA, Reduces Allergens, Pollen, Dust Mites, Mould, Pet Dander, Gases and Odours, For Large Rooms- $349
With professional-grade sensing performance, the Philips Air Purifier Series 2000 automatically monitors, reacts and purifies the air – then gives real-time air quality feedback via the numerical display and colour ring. The unique AeraSense technology has been benchmarked against professional sensors to ensure it senses even the slightest change in indoor air conditions. Making the invisible visible, the purifier helps you understand your air quality and automatically turns the fan speed up or down so that you can get on with your day. The Series 2000 is ideal for medium to large rooms like a living room or kitchen. Click Here to Buy
The Features of the Philips Air Purifier 2000 are given as below:
- Reduces odours, gases and allergens, including pet dander and pollen, with 3 filters (pre-filter, True HEPA filter, Active Carbon filter).
- Captures up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns (the size of most common allergens, bacteria, and viruses) from the air that passes through the filter.
- With professional grade performance, AeraSense technology detects even the slightest change in indoor air quality and auto-adjusts the fan speed to maintain clean air.
- Shows real-time indoor air quality via colour ring and numerical Indoor Allergen Index on the dashboard of the air purifier
- Ideal for medium to large rooms such as your living room.
4. Rabbit Air MinusA2 asthma and allergy friendly Air Purifier [SPA-700A]- $499.95
Rabbit Air’s MinusA2 air purifiers are designed to adapt to and complement any space. For a flash of colour, decorate with one of our Artists Series front panels, or conserve floor space by hanging your unit on the wall. Tailor your air purifier’s filtration power to your needs by choosing a Customised Filter option. Create the perfect air purifier for your home. Click Here to Buy
Following are the features of the Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifier:
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Amazon A-to-Z Purchase Protection & Rabbit Air No-Hassle Return Policy – Super Fast Shipping
- BioGS HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization covers up to 815 sq. ft.
- Odor Remover Custom Filter
- 5 Year Warranty (Parts and Labor) and 24/7 Technical Support
5. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier (SPA-550A)- $369.95
Industrial designer Guto Indio da Costa’s concept of “flow” resonates throughout the BioGS 2.0. The curvaceous body of the air purifier reflects its relatively simplistic but comprehensive functionality, and its clean, cool, and straightforward style. Click here to Buy
The Features of the Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Air Purifier is given as below:
- The BioGS SPA-550A air purifier will filter all the air in a room up to 550 sq. ft. twice in an hour on the highest setting.
- BioGS HEPA Filtration with 4 stages of purification and deodorization. The BioGS HEPA and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filters will last up to three years, based on 12 hours daily operation. The Pre-Filter is washable.
- An ultra quiet BLDC motor operates at five different speeds. It’s virtually silent at low speed.
- Energy Star certified units will not run up your energy bill.
- Backed by industry leading five-year warranty and 24/7 lifetime technical support.
This is all that we have in our pick for the Top-5 Air Purifiers that will be perfect for your house and comes within a price range of $300 to $500.
Things to Consider and take note before and even after getting the air purifier installed in your home:
Many portable models have annual operating costs of $150 to $200 for filter replacement and electricity and even the filter prices can range from around $10 each up to about $100. Some units use a pre-filter to capture large airborne particles before they reach the HEPA filter, possibly extending its life.
Depending on usage, you typically need to replace the carbon filters every 3 months, and the main filter yearly. To cut costs, look for room models that are Energy Star qualified, meaning they are relatively energy-efficient compared to standard models. Some models have washable filters that can be reused.
Keep it Clean
Any type of air purifier won’t work well if the filter is clogged and dusty, and, if the filter is full, it may stop working entirely.
Noise level is important, especially if you run an air purifier in a room where you sleep or work. For the sake of efficiency (and quietness), we recommend picking a larger unit and running it at a lower speed, rather than cranking up a small one.