Electric Single Burners: Skill plays an important role in cooking, but it’s not the only thing that makes a great cook. The ingredients you choose, the recipes you follow, and the pots and pans you use also have an impact on your cooking, and those can always vary. But what about the one constant in your kitchen, your cooktop? Let’s take a look at three of the most common cooktop technologies—gas, electric, and induction—to see how they operate, and the pros and cons of each.
An electric burner or also known as electric range or stoves is a stove with an integrated electrical heating device to cook and bake. Electric stoves became popular as replacements for solid fuel (wood or coal) stoves which required more labor to operate and maintain. Some modern stoves come in a unit with built-in extractor hoods. Electric stove “burners” may be controlled by a rotary switch with a finite number of positions (for example, six), each of which engages a different combination of resistances and hence a different heating power, or may have an “infinite switch” called a simmerstat. Some may have a thermostat.
Pros and Cons of the Electric Burners
Electric burners are flat, so the heat from the burner—whether coil-style or smooth top—comes in contact with the bottom of the pan. Therefore, it conducts most of its energy (about 75 percent) directly into the pan, rather than radiating it into the air as a gas flame would. Smooth tops and sealed European-style burners also have the advantage of being easy to clean. Another plus for smooth glass-ceramic cooktops: They don’t get nearly as hot as the pots and pans, so there’s less danger of burning yourself on the stovetop, and spills are less likely to burn on the cooktop’s surface.
Poor heat control is the biggest knock against electric cooktops; the heating elements simply respond more slowly than those on gas or induction cooktops (more on those in a minute). To overcome this deficiency, you can set two burners at different temperatures if you know you’re going to need instantaneous control. For example, bring rice to a boil over high heat on one burner, and when you want to immediately reduce the heat to a simmer, simply move the pan to the second burner on lower heat.
There are also a couple of other drawbacks specific to smooth-tops. The glass-ceramic surface is a poor heat conductor, so it transfers heat to pans more slowly than metal-top electric stoves. Also, glass-ceramic cooktops scratch easily, so if you’re in the habit of sliding and shaking pans on your burners, you’ll have to change your ways when working on a smooth-top range if you want to keep it looking good.
If you are looking for an electric burner for your kitchen and looking for something to buy that will cost you under $50, then we are here to make your job even easier. We have picked the best of the top five electric single burners for the easy cooking.
Following are the Best of the Top Five Electric Single Burners priced for just below $50:
1. IMUSA USA GAU-80305 1100W Electric Single Burner – $9.80
From fiestas to sporting events to a large holiday gathering, IMUSA electric single burner lets you cook anywhere you have a plug. It’s compact and portable size also makes it ideal for the office, dorm rooms or small apartments. Innovative, authentic & affordable, IMUSA‘s line of products help bring the Abuelas’ (grandmas’) recipes to life, while also capturing the adventurist spirit of culinary globetrotters. Click here to Buy
The features of the IMUSA USA GAU-80305 Electric Single Burner are given as below:
- Can Be Used for Cooking Outdoors or in the Office
- Features a Temperature Regulating Knob with Heat Distribution Coils
- Power Indicator Light
- Slim Space Saving Design
2. Brentwood Electric Single Burner – $16.09
This Brentwood electric single burner is exactly what you’ve been looking for. It is easy to use and will go perfectly in your kitchen. It’s perfect for all your cooking needs. Click Here to Buy
The features of the Brentwood Electric Single Burner are as following:
- Electric 1200-watt single burner black
- Adjustable thermostat control
- Power indicator light
- Durable stainless-steel heating element
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Easy to clean surface and drip pan
- Heats up to 600 degrees
3. Elite Cuisine ESB-301BF Maxi-Matic 1000 Watt Single Buffet Burner Electric Hot Plate – $16.19
Cooking is quick, easy and consistent with the Elite Cuisine Electric Single Buffet Burner. This portable electric hot plate offers reliable heating and takes up minimal cooking space. At 1,000 watts, it heats up quickly with an adjustable temperature knob. The non-stick cast iron hot plate will ensure even cooking and makes cleanup a breeze. The cool-touch base and non-skid rubber feet for stable cooking. Click Here to Buy
Following are the features of the Elite Cuisine ESB-301BF electric single burner:
- Adjustable temperature control with Low, Med and Hi settings.
- Cast-iron flat plate for easy cleanup.
- Powerful 1000 watts for fast & efficient cooking.
- Comes in two colors: black and white.
- Power Indicator light.
- Compact and space-saving, perfect for small kitchen areas & apartments.
- Would make a great addition to any back-to-school college dorms or kitchens.
- Great for travel use and on-the-go in recreational vehicles.
- Save energy and use in the office or small business kitchen areas.
- Perfectly even heat distribution with a flat heating element.
4. Procter Silex 5th Burner Table Top Burner – $24.99
Gain valuable cooking space with this Procter Silex 5th Burner Table Top Burner. It is ideal for outdoor events or when you just need more cooking space. This outdoor burner features adjustable temperature controls, heats quickly and wipes clean. It comes with a chrome drip pan to catch grease and other substances. Click Here to Buy
The features of the Procter Silex 5th Burner Table Top Burner are given as below:
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Power light
- Chrome drip pan
- Wipes clean
- Outdoor cooking burner heats quickly
- Model# 34101
- Ideal for outdoor events or just when you need more cooking space
5. Salton Portable Infrared Single Burner Cooktop
This Single Infrared Cooktop is small and portable enough to be used just about anywhere! It heats more efficiently than regular stove tops, has minimal heat loss to the countertop or table and is compatible with all types of cookware — including glass, ceramic and aluminum! With its elegant stainless steel design and lightweight construction, this Cooktop is perfect for homes, cottages and camp sites. Click Here to Buy
The features of the Salton Portable Infrared Single Burner Cooktop are as following:
- Faster heat up — 1200W
- Precise temperature control from boil to simmer
- Compatible with all types of cookware including glass and aluminum
- Elegant stainless steel housing with large 188 mm diameter burner
- Ideal for entertaining
- Perfect for keeping buffet foods warm
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Easy to clean
When it comes to ovens, though, electric heat is preferred by most pros. It is thought to provide more even heat. As a result, many expert cooks buy gas cook top’s and electric ovens. This is all that we had in our pick for the best five Electric Single Burners. We hop ethis might have made your job a lot easier to decide the best for you and get one straight away into your kitchen.